A friendly reminder that the nomination deadline for the upcoming FSTA Board of Directors elections is this weekend! All nominations must be submitted by midnight ET on Sunday, Feb. 16.
Complete instructions are below.
Please reach out to FSTA Association Director Megan Van Petten at email@example.com with any questions.
FSTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTIONS
As you are aware, the Fantasy Sports Trade Association Board of Directors does a lot of work on behalf of the fantasy sports industry. The board is made up of 15 individuals from the fantasy sports industry that dedicate their personal time to managing the FSTA and industry conferences.
Each year, five (5) of the board seats are available for you, the members, to vote in the people that you think will work the hardest and make the biggest impact for the things that you care about.
When elected, each board member takes a three-year term. So, this is your chance to shape the direction of the association and to volunteer your time and resources to help make the fantasy sports industry even better.
There is no better time than now to get involved.
The FSTA is a non-profit organization and, accordingly, board members are not paid for their service.
Ideal candidates are individuals that are motivated to propel the industry, achieve industry goals and work as a team to raise awareness for fantasy sports, protect the member companies even if they compete with your company and provide value to the member companies.
The Board of Directors has a lot of work to do each year and there is an expectation that all board members will participate meaningfully. There is serious work involved.
Each board member is required to be on at least one committee ( see the list here). In addition, newly elected board members will also work on our Conference Committee for their first year on the board.
The FSTA will accept nominations to its Board of Directors, with elections coming up in LATE FEBRUARY. Five of the 15 board spots are up for election, with each winner being seated for a three-year term.
- Nominations: Please submit your name, member company affiliation and a brief bio and statement of interest that describe your qualifications and highlight what you can uniquely bring to the FSTA Board of Directors
- Submissions should be sent to our Association Director Megan Van Petten at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions should not exceed 500 words
- Nominations are for current members in good standing ONLY
- One nomination per member company
- Nominations are due by midnight ET on Sunday, Feb. 16
- Voting will take place Wednesday, Feb. 19 at 5 p.m. ET to midnight ET on Sunday, March 2
- Votes will be tallied and winners will be announced by midnight ET on Monday, March 3
Newly elected board members will start their three-year terms immediately and attend (via conference call) the March 6 board meeting at 2 p.m. ET.
For questions about the election process, please contact Megan at email@example.com.
Thanks and good luck.
FSTA Membership Committee