Fantasy sports HALL OF FAME NOMINATION AND ELECTION PROCEDURES
Individuals can be nominated for election to the Fantasy Sports Hall of Fame by any active FSTA member in good standing.
The electors for the Fantasy Sports Hall of Fame include the following:
- All current FSTA board members.
- All living members of the Fantasy Sports Hall of Fame
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Any individual who has been in the fantasy sports industry for at least ten (10) years.
- Any individual considered to be a ‘founder’ of the fantasy sports movement and therefore active in the industry prior to 1990.
METHOD OF ELECTION
- The FSTA awards committee will be responsible for conducting the nomination and election process. Elections shall be held annually during the first week of May.
- The FSTA awards committee shall prepare a ballot listing in alphabetical order eligible candidates who are nominated for election by any FSTA member.
- Electors may vote for as few as zero (0) and as many as two (2) eligible candidates deemed worthy of election.
- Any candidate receiving votes on seventy-five percent (75%) of the ballots cast shall be elected.
- Elected candidates will be inducted at the annual FSTA Summer Conference.
- Election results, including candidates not elected and final vote percentages, will not be released by the Awards Committee.
Voting shall be based upon the individual’s contributions to the fantasy sports industry. Contributions can include 1) raising visibility and popularity of fantasy sports, 2) innovations that revolutionized the industry or 3) other contributions deemed significant by the electors.
HALL OF FAME RECOGNITION
Members shall be recognized in the following ways:
- Induction ceremony at FSTA Summer Conference.
- Inclusion in the ‘Hall of Fame’ section on FSTA website that will include a picture and profile for each HOF member.
- Participation in the HOF annual dinner to be held preceding each FSTA Summer Conference